b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] parent & child

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: James Spinti <JSpinti AT eisenbrauns.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] parent & child
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:52:02 -0600

Hello James:

I hope that you are correct. I hope that an isaiah scroll length; or an
edwin smith papyrus length, document will be found that dates to 1,000 b.c.,
or earlier; and is generated in the southern levant, alphabet writing
system.

My comment about the size and importance of ugarit was made in relation and
not in isolation. The rulers of the earth at that time lived in the nile and
euphrates river valleys, and not anywhere near ugarit.

regards,

fred burlingame