b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] parent & child

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] parent & child
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:19:54 -0600

Hello Yigal:

Your comments sound reasonable .....

but then we have the thousands of clay tablets from ras shamra, dating to
century 13 b.c.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/wsrp/educational_site/ancient_texts/MRZH.shtml
If such a relatively small and unimportant city generated and maintained
such a large corpus of clay tablet records in alphabet writing system, why
not the same result for the city of david or its predecessor? Do not the
ugarit facts, imply similar findings under the rubble of temple mount?

And as for jabal al lawz, why would saudi arabia throw up barbed wire and
guard houses around a mountain, in the middle of the desert, in the middle
of no where, along with big signs announcing archaeological site?

It seems to me more than speculation about alphabet documents, is in play at
both sites.

regards,

fred burlingame