b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew] Writing systems (was: parent & child)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Chavoux Luyt <chavoux AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew] Writing systems (was: parent & child)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:34:48 -0600

Hello Chavoux:

Thanks for your comments. Your clarification sounds reasonable.

I continue to marvel at the evolution, rather than the creation, of the
alphabet writing system. It may not be a big deal for anyone else, but it
sure represents a highly significant point for me.

The intermediate and hybrid (cuneiform/alphabet) ugarit writing system
speaks volumes .... to me anyhow.

regards,

fred burlingame