b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] guess work

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: David Kolinsky <yishalom AT sbcglobal.net>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] guess work
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:11:56 -0600

Hello David:

Thanks for your excellent explanation of these words and their different
meanings in the context here.

Your nice remarks lead me to the following conclusion. The masoretic text
and/or its predecessor components (such as scroll of
deuteronomy) was not intended in 882 b.c., for consumption by the average
hebrew person, except via a priest to mediate//explain it. cf., nehemiah 8:8
(442? b.c.). see also, deuteronomy 31:9-13.

regards,

fred burlingame