b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Vav Nun Suffix

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Vav Nun Suffix
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:17:40 -0600

genesis 29:32-33 confirm that the name given then, related often to the
circumstances of birth. .... "see-son" and "hear," respectively.

didn't american indians so name their sons and daughters?
our culture today names their children without rhyme or reason; but the
culture then, apparently differed in the naming of children, for a variety
of reasons.

regards,

fred burlingame