b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] crackpot idea psalm 22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Antonio Garcia'" <garcia.secretariagh.antonio1 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] crackpot idea psalm 22
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:30:48 -0500

Antonio,

When you use the term structure, you appear to be looking for something that
fits some template that you apparently think is universally used by Hebrew
scholarship. The problem we have is that, apparently, only you know what
that template is.

"Structure" is a broad term that could cover many elements. Are you looking
for the outline of ideas? Are you looking for a classification of literary
devices found in the psalm? These and other elements could be discovered by
you by examining the psalm yourself.

Yet you seem to give the impression that the "structure" that you are
seeking must come from somewhere outside the psalm, that some other
authority must assign it before study of the psalm can even commence. And
you are annoyed that no one else has describe this assignment to you.

Unless you can describe in more detail what you want, I strongly suspect
that you will continue to be disappointed. Your use of the term "structure"
is not communicating yet, so perhaps you need to approach the request from a
different angle. Perhaps you need to give an example from another psalm, or
a source that uses "structure" in the way that you are.

Paul Zellmer