b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] RB

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] RB
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 05:13:49 +0000

Jim,

It is too bad you did not put your ideas together in a book or internet site.
I know a linguist who is writing a book on amateurs who have non-mainstream
ideas about linguistics that they use to prove their non-mainstream theories
about history or whatever. He told me that he will include my name and
internet site in his book in the Hebrew section, although he has not actually
read my site fully. I think he might also include someone else from B-Hebrew.
At least I finally got a scholar to look at a tiny part of my site. You of
course have had many scholars discuss your ideas probably because you cite
scholars a lot and that is the favorite thing in the world to scholars. I
think scholarship means the study of what scholars say on a subject, but
maybe that is an exaggeration.

As a professional linguist, he might have actually looked at your work if it
had been in one place and not in a thousand emails to B-Hebrew. Of course,
maybe he heard about them and looked at them. I didn't ask him about you or
anybody else being in his book. Actually, this probably isn't the kind of
book anyone would want to be listed in, but I think it is kind of funny since
he really hasn't read my work. The book won't be out for around 18 months or
so, so who knows what will happen by then.

Kenneth Greifer