b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dagesh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dagesh
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:43:56 -0400

1. I am not aware of the existence in Hebrew of "langue" and "parole".

2. It is crystal clear that "There is no "gemination" in spoken Hebrew". Why not? Because it is not needed.

2. I have never heard any spoken distinction between: -yamim (no gemination), days (Gn 4:3) and -yammim (gemination), seas (Ps 8:9).

3. You are right all these claims are merely "well-grounded traditions (TRADITIONS!) within the Hebrew grammar".

4. I am still waiting to see a good "proof", within the Hebrew language, for an earlier existence of this spoken "gemination" (no Arabic, please).

5. There is nothing academic about the Hebrew "Academy". It is a Rabbinical institution.

Isaac Fried, Boston University