b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] quantum hebrew
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 04:23:39 +0000

Fred,

I couldn’t see what you were getting at with your original post. I think your
question is essentially about semantics and translation. If you’re asking
whether אישׁ should be translated as ‘husband’ or as something else, then
yes, that’s within the boundaries of the forum. Insofar as the rest of your
discussion impinges on answering that question but does not push an
ideological agenda, then it’s fine. If it has an ideological edge, then it’s
out of bounds.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au