b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] to be or not to be

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] to be or not to be
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:48:04 -0500

Karl:

Thanks for your clarification.

Are you suggesting that in your consideration of the masoretic text, by
comparison with the septuagint, you take care not to cross the rubicon to
that section of the septuagint codices vaticanus, sinaiticus, etc., known as
the "new testament?" ....

Plenty, plenty hebrew words in the masoretic text are used in that other
portion of the septuagint. ... :)

regards,

fred burlingame