b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] to be or not to be

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] to be or not to be
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:28:41 -0500

Dear Yigal:

Thanks for your clear clarification of the boundaries of this forum.

I will so respect those walls in future postings.

Perhaps the moderators of this forum may wish to consider a change of forum
name to perhaps: "Tanakh forum," or "Biblical Old Testament forum," and in
order to avoid potential confusion to new posters in the future?

I also find of interest the irrelevancy of the dead sea scrolls ("dss") to
this forum; and yet, the corresponding relevancy of a 1,000 year later text,
the masoretic text. Are for example, the Isaiah scrolls of qumran, copied
(translated?) in the mishnaic hebrew; or do such dss scrolls contain
earlier "biblical" hebrew language? I had thought the latter.

Regards,

fred burlingame