b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] to be or not to be

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] to be or not to be
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:39:10 -0500

Hello Karl:

Thanks for your comments.

Far be it from me to know the boundaries of discussion here. The second post
in this thread indicated the dead sea scrolls do not become discussed here
because of their mishnaic hebrew content. Apparently, a change in this
position has occurred since that post.

I would also think that the septuagint, widely accepted in academic circles,
would commonly become invoked here as a "rubbing stone" to test or try ( נסה
) the masoretic text (its words, phrases, paragraphs, etc.). But apparently,
that is not the case.

I am, in any event, happy to follow the guidelines of the forum moderators.

Regards,

fred burlingame