b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the hellenization of isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: TedBro AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the hellenization of isaiah
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:01:43 -0500

Ted:

Thanks for your kind comments.

I agree with your post. The scrolls of Matthew and Mark appear likelier
candidates for hebrew autographs, than the Luke scroll.

But, if the Luke scroll authored in greek, the Luke 4:18 quotation of Isaiah
has significantly changed the original hebrew words, both as to form and
content.

fred burlingame