b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the hellenization of isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>, <TedBro AT aol.com>, <randallbuth AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the hellenization of isaiah
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 15:42:20 -0700

Dear List,

I would also highly recommend for everyone on this list:

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament
Edited by G. K. Beale and D. A. Carson, Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academics,
2007.
www.bakeracadmic.com

For those in England
Apollos (an imprint of Inter-Varsity Press)
Norton Street
Nottingham NG7 3HR England
email: ivp AT inpbooks.com
website: www.inpbooks.com

For the particular passages in question, Luke 4:18 and Isaiah 61:1 and 58:6,
see
David W. Pao and Eckhard J. Schnabel, "Luke,"
pp 287-290.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III