b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Galilean Bethlehem?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Oun Kwon <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Galilean Bethlehem?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:38:58 -0400

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il> wrote:
> Galilean Bethlehem is mentioned only once in the Bible, in Josh. 19:15,
> together with other towns of the territory of Zebulon in the lower Galilee.

<clipped>

> Now I'm not trying to convince anyone of this theory, just to explain the
> idea behind it. For those who believe that the Gospels (or any part of the
> Bible) are literally true, this might seem problematic. It is not my
> intention to argue against anybody's beliefs. Debates on faith, and
> certainly on the Gospels, are off limits for this list.
>

> Yigal Levin

Thank you all.

I am not concerned about Bethlehem in Judea whether this was really
the birth place of Yeshua, or a Christian midrash. It's either one
believes or don't what is written in the Gospels.

My question posting to Hebrew is about whether Bethlehem in Galilee
had anything to do with King David.

Oun Kwon.