b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Galilean Bethlehem?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Galilean Bethlehem?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 00:07:05 +0300

Thank you all.

I am not concerned about Bethlehem in Judea whether this was really
the birth place of Yeshua, or a Christian midrash. It's either one
believes or don't what is written in the Gospels.

My question posting to Hebrew is about whether Bethlehem in Galilee
had anything to do with King David.

Oun Kwon.

Since no-one seems to have answered, I will: No. All of the biblical
references to David make it quite clear that he was born in Bethlehem of
Judah.

Yigal Levin