b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Galilean Bethlehem?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: jimstinehart AT aol.com
  • To: jimstinehart AT aol.com, leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Galilean Bethlehem?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 23:10:30 -0400

Professor Yigal Levin:

With your permission, may I politely re-phrase my question?

Whether Rachel died at Bethlehem of Galilee or not depends almost entirely on
whether or not Jacob spent much of his childhood in Galilee, which in turn
depends almost entirely on whether or not GRR is GLL/GLYL/Galilee.

The precise question I meant to ask you is as follows:

Is there anything out there prior to the time of the composition of II
Chronicles 14: 12-13 that supports the scholarly view that GRR is located in
the southwest corner of Canaan, rather than GRR being GLL/GLYL/Galilee?

Jim Stinehart
Evanston, Illinois