b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Patriarchal Narratives was TD(L

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <JimStinehart AT aol.com>, <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, LBReich AT alum.mit.edu
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Patriarchal Narratives was TD(L
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:14:51 -0700

Dear Jim,

Abraham is clearly EBA. It is evident that most of the Patriarchal Narratives
were in the EBA. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Joseph would be found between
2000-1800 BC (BCE). It is also evident that Joseph clearly understood the
prophecy regarding that the Israelites would be in Egypt for 400 years were to
take his body and be buried alongside his father, Jacob. See Genesis 50:24-26;
Exodus 13:19; and Joshua 24:32. This is what the texts say. Every thing else
is
speculation. It does mean something when one is looking in the wrong century
for
the Patriarchs.

What you postulated is good to do, if and only if, there is clearly evidence
that clearly shows that what you are saying is correct, but the scholarship is
repeatedly not showing that. Furthermore, it does no good to use various
terminology such as, "late date theory", "pin point accuracy," "modern
scholars," "university scholars,"etc., to produce list anxiety and monopoly.
It
shows that your theory is redundant in argumentation and not on solid rock,
but
is on shifting sand. Back to the drawing board.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III