b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Patriarchal Narratives was TD(L

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Patriarchal Narratives was TD(L
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:57:39 -0700

George:

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM, George Athas
<George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>wrote:

> Karl, could you specify the source about Djoser's vizier, please?

I can’t point to just one source, rather I have read several over the years.
A Google search “imhotep joseph” will bring up close to a half million
sites, of course most will not be worth following up on, but some bring up
many more connections than I mentioned, listing archaeological finds and
documentation that back them up.

The biggest objection is the same as Jack Kilmon, namely the dates
attributed to the modern reconstruction of ancient Egyptian history. But for
generations (plural) people have been pointing out discrepancies between the
findings of archeology and those dates, indicating that those dates are way,
way too old. The Amarna letters are consistent with the findings for the
ninth and eighth centuries BC archeology, not 14th century BC, for example.
So looking at the parallels between Imhotep and Joseph makes it look as if
they are two names for the same person.

> GEORGE ATHAS
> Moore Theological College (Sydney, Australia)
> www.moore.edu.au

Karl W. Randolph.