b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Emerging consensus (and paedogogy) on "Waw Consecutive" phenomenon?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Emerging consensus (and paedogogy) on "Waw Consecutive" phenomenon?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:00:56 +0300

>We will definitely be aiming to produce some tangible materials in
the years to come, Dave. And that's the sweet truth. I can't guarantee
anything as yet. We need to get the project off the ground first.
But once it's flying, I think we can arrange some publications.

kol ha-kavod.
my only request will be that proponents of anything will take their
theory for a test drive and use it for a few hundred hours to see
what the theory produces.
Even a few examples have been most enlightening in talking with
profs in the past.

nitrae be-Atlanta

PS: Uri's advice is on target. And to go a step further,
imagine if someone first heard the words before learning how to
write them. We ask students to listen through descriptions of
1000 pictures without subtitles or writing while learning the
alphabet and later getting to read the picture descriptions.

braxot

--
Randall Buth, PhD
www.biblicalulpan.org