b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, <JimStinehart AT aol.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:14:30 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: jimstinehart AT aol.com
To: kwrandolph AT gmail.com
Cc: fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr ; b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 12:51 PM

9. Kumidu (Egyptian garrison in the southern Beqa Valley, just north of
Qadesh of eastern Upper Galilee)

(Non-Egyptian) commander of this Egyptian garrison (presumably another
maryannu/charioteer): Arawa-na

[The name is per Richard Hess. The last part of the name is damaged. Wm.
Moran does not see the consonant N there.]

***
Assuming that Hiti can have a relationship with some kind of Hurro-Urartian population,
How do you explain that a person of that kind could ever be commander of an *Egyptian* garrison?
[NB: as far as I'm concerned the idea can be discarded at first glimpse.]

Moreover it seems that Uriyah the Hiti belongs to a period *younger* than this time, doesn't he?
A.
***

Other than the suffix, this name is likely identical to )RYW-K at Genesis
14: 1. Is )RYW-K at Genesis 14: 1 one of the Biblical “Hittites”? Why has
no university scholar ever mentioned the great similarity of these two names
in print? Why has no university scholar ever asked in print whether )RYW-K
at Genesis 14: 1 is one of the Biblical “Hittites”?
Jim Stinehart
***
I cannot see the "similarity" between Aryokh and Arawa[xx].
Less than 25% match.

Arnaud Fournet