b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, <JimStinehart AT aol.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:30:46 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: K Randolph
To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
Cc: fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr ; b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:03 PM

My grandfather was a professor, my father a professor, a brother-in-law recently retired from being a professor, along with other acquaintances and friends, I should know about the politics in academia. You are asking for one professor to commit professional suicide, for what? Once he’s drummed out of academia, he can safely be ignored and/or ridiculed. That’s a pretty big price, and how many professors are willing to do that? And if you agree with the academic politically correct beliefs, things can go well.

You, sir, have a better chance with academia than I or the people at http://www.specialtyinterests.net/ (they make some pretty good points, but I don’t agree with them on everything they say) because you swallow hook, line and sinker the academic view of history. I cannot. And for linguistic reasons I cannot agree with your theories either. Those professors who know Hebrew will look at your linguistic arguments, and disregard your statements on that basis, I don’t know about the history professors.

Karl W. Randolph.
***
A lighter note:
Apparently, according to your reference http://www.specialtyinterests.net/
the French Revolution belong to *Ancient* History.
Lol...

Arnaud Fournet