b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The most difficult

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Doug Belot" <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "Pere Porta" <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The most difficult
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:22:07 +1000

I wonder in Lamentations do you consider the allegorical language, or role play character names for Israel , such as daughter of Zion , which is used so often by Jeremiah , do you consider the role play language of Hosea with the "husband and wife" as God and Israel , sons of God , the mother etc , then Ezek 16, and 23 which is all about rle playing Israel as a woman , indeed are you aware of this "hidden role play" story of Gods relationship with Israel.

doug belot

----- Original Message ----- From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>