b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The most difficult

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The most difficult
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:28:19 -0700

Pere:

What do you mean “most difficult”? What sort of difficulties?

I find that difficulties are caused by the fact that Biblical Hebrew is not
that well understood, as shown by disagreements we have on this list.
Sometimes those disagreements cause friction, but if we approach them with
the right attitude, we all can benefit from them. I would hate to be a
translator dealing what to do with these uncertainties.

Do you mean difficult in the ideas presented?

I never sat down to compile a list of which verses are most difficult to
translate. Part of the reason is that each reading of Tanakh would give a
different list.

Just curious.

Karl W. Randolph.