b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] “First Year Lies” was Re: Ruth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: dana Densmore <simcha.dana AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew listserve posts <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] “First Year Lies” was Re: Ruth
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 23:53:24 +0300

This is called discovery based learning. It's used a lot in ELT. With the
right learners it can be very effective. Here's a sample exercise. Work out
what the different morphs mean:

wungoo = his mother
wundee = her mother
bangoo = his father
bandee = her father

If exercises are planned right it can help the learner absorb patterns in
much the same way a child acquires their first language.

James Christian