b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] “First Year Lies” was Re: Ruth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dana Densmore <simcha.dana AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew listserve posts <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] “First Year Lies” was Re: Ruth
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:48:45 -0600

Some of you following this thread may be interested in a new book written by
my biblical hebrew teacher, Bob Sacks. He takes an exploratory approach
inviting the reader/student to puzzle out with him where the forms come from
instead of presenting them as rules. And he jumps into reading the Tanakh
text after exploring only a few of the most basic principles and doing more
describing than prescribing. Here's the web site that tells more about the
book (which is entitled *Beginning Biblical Hebrew*):

http://www.kafiryaroq.com

Dana Densmore