b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Is the extant Leningrad Codex "given by inspiration of God"?"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 AT juno.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Is the extant Leningrad Codex "given by inspiration of God"?"
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:06:06 -0400

Is the extant [handwritten] Leningrad Codex "given by inspiration of
God"?"

Is the accuracy of the text of the extant Leningrad Codex approved by the
majority of Hebrew Scholars?
Since it is my impression that extant copies of the Ben Chayyim Hebrew
text of 1525 A.D. can be purchased on the Internet, would it be true that
any copy of the Ben Chayyim Hebrew text, that actually came off of Ben
Chayyim's printing press, could also be considered as having been "given
by inspiration of God".

An alternate question might be Do Hebrew Scholars believe that extant
copies of Ben Chayyim's Hebrew text of 1525 have the same type of
Authority as has the extant Leningrad Codex which is studied [ via copies
] on the b-hebrew Discussion Board?

Dave Donnelly
Six Sigma Certification
Villanova Six Sigma Certification 100% Online Program - Free Info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bf928758b50371a2ast04duc