b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Language modelling

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Barry <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Language modelling
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:53:33 +0200

But you still haven't started Barry. To date you still haven't contributed
any input to the discussion whatsoever. No references to data. No logical
arguments constructed other than your view that we should 'trust the
experts'. My strong advice to you Barry is to go away and have a look at the
evidence for the 'cracking of the Akkadian system'. That's what I did after
Randall made such a heavy reliance on it for his arguments. I can't say I
was entirely surprised to see it lacked any foundation. In fact, I would
have been pleasantly surprised if it was the opposite.

And so my final earnest plea to you is this Barry. I'm sure you have lots of
knowledge that you could contribute to discussions to help us on the way to
understanding. So please make a contribution. This isn't a classroom with
one dictatorial teacher who leads the way and you have to sit silent and
take it all on trust. This is a place where we discuss things. So please
help make this list more active and interesting by giving some input with
content.

James Christian