b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] IaBe equals Yahweh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: davedonnelly1 <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] IaBe equals Yahweh?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:25:45 +0200

Sorry. I guess I see what you mean. YaHeWeh with the schewa not being
pronounced giving YaHWeH. Rather than discussing secondary sources like BDB
Yitzhak and I have been taking this discussion a level further by discussing
the primary sources relevant to the discussion. Namely, Theodoret's
transliteration of IABE and the others.

James Christian