b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Iabe equals Yahweh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Iabe equals Yahweh?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:37:07 +0200

Hi,

thanks for that. I just checked out the fragment you mentioned
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rak//lxxjewpap/4QLevB.jpg YHWH is transcribed as
IAW (Iota, alpha, omega). This would suggest Yahow just like the theorphoric
names we've mentioned and seems to support Yahow... variants rather than
Yahweh.

James Christian