b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Iabe equals Yahweh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Iabe equals Yahweh?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:38:32 +0200

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:50 AM, James Christian wrote:

> Do you have even a basic knowledge of how to read Greek character sequences?

James,

Ignorance is bliss. But while it is flattering that you see me so
blessed, I'd like to
put things straight and clarify that in this case I'm basing myself on
quite a lot of
published research and first hand sources of which you are apparently unaware.

You may think I'm making assumptions but it is only because you have not given
me the basic respect of looking up what I've previously said on the
subject in the
past on this very list. As a computational linguist, you should also
have no problem
going to a reasonable scientific library to look up the various
articles I've quoted
on this list in the past.

I am not trying to convince you of anything. It is clear that you
have a very clear
program of trying to prove one particular pronunciation and to
disprove another.
Rather than try to handle the evidence, and perhaps open your mind to
new ideas,
you try to find every reason to reject contrary evidence.

As for Greek, well, please enlighten me, how does the LXX transcribe a
consonantal Waw?

Yitzhak Sapir