b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:20:37 +1000

Jim,

I am open-minded enough to admit that quite a lot is possible. But I think it
is completely unhelpful to presume that because something is possible that it
must also be plausible. Your theory seems like a 'one in a million' chance:
certainly possible, but highly unlikely. There is a big difference between
the two. So, I'm sorry, I just don't buy your theory.

I also find it odd, Jim, that almost everything else you advance on this list
is possible but not plausible. To me that sounds like there is a particular
agenda driving your thinking that reads things with a particular slant. I do
not find this at all helpful in advancing our understanding of Hebrew, the
Bible, or the ancient world. It certainly would not cut it in the world of
tertiary studies, where methodology is more important than the conclusions
reached. I hope you're willing to see the reality of that.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au