b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:52:26 -0700

Jim:

I’ll answer this one time to say you still have not produced any evidence
for your claims. What I am looking for is ancient evidence, not modern. All
you have provided is modern (post Babylonian Exile) interpretations.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> Karl:
>

> The Biblical basis for the fall New Year is usually viewed as being
> Leviticus 23: 24-25.
>

> This passage has nothing said about a new year, just a special celebration.
The new year is already mentioned as the month of )BYB in Exodus.

Some of your so-called evidence is highly disputed, as it has no evidence
from history, but is based on beliefs, religious faith, other than that
taught by the Bible. An example of such is the following:

> … It seems, however, to be now very generally accepted that this law in its
> present form is not earlier than the sixth century…

In conclusion, you have provided yet another theory with absolutely no,
nada, historical evidence to back it up.

> Jim Stinehart
>
> Evanston, Illinois

I asked for evidence, you have provided only speculation and practices that
long post-date the events you speculate about.

As this is a discussion group about the language, I’ll add that you have no
linguistic evidence either.