b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:49:55 -0700

Jim:

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> Karl:
>

> At Nehemiah 4: 10, the reference to N(R is to mere servants.

You are adding to the text. Once you do that, you lose all credibility.

> The reference at Joshua 6: 23 is not as clearcut. Once again, no
> individual names are given. The spies involved probably are quite young.
> They probably are about age 13 – 15.

You insisted before that no one over the age of 12 was called N(R, now you
admit older. The nose of the camel is inside the tent, how much more will
come in?

> 3. You wrote: “As for the Gezar Calendar, …

Another backhanded admission that you don’t know Hebrew language.

One of my complaints about many scholars is that outside of their narrow
specialty, they often don’t know nuttin’. It’s obvious that the “Gezar
Calendar” is not a calendar as we think of it, for one, it has only eight
months instead of 12. Secondly, for anyone who has studied anything about
crop science, the events are out of order. It sounds like you would be like
most of them: you would starve next to a cow and a ripe wheat field (to
quote a commentator).

4. If I understand your view, it is that the Hebrew way was to start
the New Year in the fall,

You couldn’t be further from the truth. Where the fall new years comes from,
I have no idea. but it certainly is not Biblical. It was called the seventh
month because it was seven months away from new years.

> Jim Stinehart
>
> Evanston, Illinois

Once again I see no reason to continue this discussion, unless you have
something new to add to this discussion, because I won’t answer unless you
have a significant addition, not a mere recitation of your ideas so far.