b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] questions, reliable evidence, 'stand' and 'said'

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] questions, reliable evidence, 'stand' and 'said'
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:04:47 +0200

Dear Randall,

For the record: I would like to emphasize that it is not my responsibility that this thread has stopped but yours. Participants in a discussion can define basic concepts differently, but a basic requirement for a meaningful discussion is that all parts give their definitions. You have not wanted to give your definition of the imperfective aspect and you have not wanted to answer my questions regarding your definition of the perfective aspect that I found to be unclear. Last year we had a similar situation on b-greek, when you also did not want to give your definition and the thread stopped. I do not understand your reasons, but it is of course your right to keep your definitions for yourself. If you change your mind, the thread can continue.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo

Thank you for your response, and there are many interesting
texts worthy of discussion, and even some questionable
English translations, but it doesn't not deal with
the original question and spins away.

So, both in
both the state expressed by the participle and by
the WAYYIQTOL R intersects E after the beginning
and before the end. So how can this WAYYIQTOL be
perfective?>>

You, not me, claimed that this Gen 41 cannot be
perfective. So you need to explain how it is different from
perfective `amad examples that look similar.
See the original post in this thread.

How can, e.g., 2Chr 20:20, 2 Samuel 20:11, and 12,
2 Ki 2:7 be perfective, but Gen 41 cannot be perfective?

Then we can deal with vayyomer.

braxot
Randall