b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:57:19 +1000

Hi Karl,

[snip]

If you had been listening, you would have heard that your dialectal
use is valid but only for within your dialect.

So semantics as uncancellable meaning is invalid as a principal within a dialect, but not so within a "standard language"? This is entirely arbitrary. To be convincing, you to demonstrate why this is a limitation, not just state it.

So is the language of the Bible "standard" or a "dialect"?

[snip]

>> > But since you were so hung up on an example from a specific dialect, I
>> > presented additional language examples that cannot be relegated to
>> > dialect. But here you just avoid them.
>> >
>> You accuse too quickly, accusing of avoiding when others see it as
>> merely not addressing an irrelevancy or that the question has already
>> been addressed elsewhere, so no need to repeat oneself.

Accusing too quickly is not nice.

I'm sorry, Karl. But it is you who is not dealing with actual language evidence which contradicts your position which I raised regarding Lyélé and Udihe.

Regards,
David Kummerow.