b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:39:11 +1000

> I pointed out how it may be taken as
>perfective under a traditional definition.
>
>Thanks,
>David Kummerow.

What is the traditional definition of perfective?

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo

Hi Rolf,

Always these smoke screens to avoid problems with your position! Can you or can you not show me that wayyo'mer in Gen 12:1 is imperfective in its context rather than perfective?

I would have thought that Comrie's definition as I gave in my previous email to Karl represents the standard view vis-a-vis your own redefinitions to suit BH.

Regards,
David Kummerow.