b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:17:40 +1000

> There are some tense-less languages in the world, but no languages
> that are not concerned with time, past, present, and future.

I thought it was a link from this list a few years ago that discussed
a people living in a jungle who had no concept of past or future, but
are stuck in the present. But that was just an interesting aside.

Hi Karl,

I can't remember whether it was discussed on this list or not either. But the likely language to which you refer is Pirahã.

Regards,
David Kummerow.