b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:40:08 -0700

David:

OK, define what you mean by perfective, imperfective, what YOU think
Rolf means by “perfective” and “imperfective”, do so in simple terms
on line, not referring to off line books to which we do not have
access.

You have been so far weird on your treatment of dialect that I want to
see something I can check up on in this discussion.

I don’t know what Rolf means by “perfective” and “imperfective” if he
is using different meanings than what is found in the grammar of such
as Russian, but that verse is neither perfective nor imperfective as
the terms are used in Indo-European languages. If you insist on the
Indo-European definitions, then you have set up a false dilemma
logical fallacy.

Back up your so far unsupported statements.

Karl W. Randolph.