b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 38 and the TLDTH theory

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 38 and the TLDTH theory
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:40:22 +0100

You just did it again. Is there an art to this sidestepping technique you have mastered so gracefully.

You hypothesised something on the lines of the TLDTHs being formulas of title and author. You later revised it said that author is not always necessary.

Later you made the claim that final account in Genesis was a story about Joseph with no further significance and so had nothing to do with the lineage of Jacob such that the understanding 'History of Jacob' couldn't be a title for the last section of Genesis.

So, I repeat the question 'how do you handle Genesis 38 in your theory that this is just a story about Joseph with no further significance'?

I hope that this time I will receive an answer. But I have no doubt that you will sidestep this entirely and treat it as irrelevant. I have started to notice a pattern in what you consider to irrelevant: absolutely anything that presents a problem for you theory!

James Christian

Quoting K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>:

James:
You didn’t answer my second question, to wit: “Which hypothesis? The one you
just made up here, or the one originally posited in this forum?”

Karl W. Randolph.