b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ancient transliterations of names

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred putnam <fred.putnam AT gmail.com>
  • To: yodan AT yodanco.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ancient transliterations of names
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:20:50 -0400

Dear Rivkah,

Here are two readings, from the standard UBS editions (Rahlfs, Gryson):

*LXX*: nu-omega-epsilon-mu-iota-nu (which supports the *qamets-gadol*reading);
Nwemin
*Vulgate*: *Noemi* (which may or may not support the *qamets-gadol* reading,
but which is centuries closer to the masoretic period than LXX)

Peace.

Fred