b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Jim's posts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Jim's posts
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:36:18 +0200

Dear All

(and I'm really not picking on you in particular, Karl),

While most of us may not agree with a single thing that Jim writes, his posts do remain within the parameters of B-Hebrew, he is always polite, and there is absolutely no reason to ban his posts. There are not a few members of this list with "unconventional" ideas, and none of them are banned. The moderators absolutely refuse to practice any form of censorship of ideas.

If there are members who do not want to read a single thing that Jim writes, they can set their email programs to send all of his posts to the rubbish bin. Others can simply ignore or delete them. In my opinion, the fact that some members take the trouble to answer and argue, on one hand perhaps serves to encourage Jim to post his theories, on the other hand serves to clarify his errors, which may be especially important for some of our less knowledgeable members. In any case it's your choice.

Yigal Levin
co-modeirator
B-Hebrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>

This is one case where banning would be a good thing. Jim seems to be
encouraged every time he is not answered, and so posts more often and longer
messages, to the point that good people just get tired of the whole thing
and shut down their b-hebrew accounts. It’s the latter point that we want to
avoid.