b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Iron and Curses in Deuteronomy 28

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Iron and Curses in Deuteronomy 28
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:08:06 +1100

Gabe,

I can't speak for Karl, though I suspect he would join with me on this. I
think you've read a little too much into my (and probably Karl's) comments.
I'm not going to comment upon the inspiration of the text on this forum
(though feel free to contact me offlist). However, the text uses words,
phrase, and concepts which were commonplace throughout the region for a very
long time. And Deuteronomy is not alone in this.

If I have misunderstood you, then please let me know.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au