b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Iron and Curses in Deuteronomy 28

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Iron and Curses in Deuteronomy 28
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:52:07 +1100

Ah, the wonderful world of textual criticism - that thin line between the
lectio difficilor (the more difficult reading) and the reading that makes
most sense. Add to this human expression, scribal practices, manuscript
families, and hypothetical reconstructions, and you have an entire industry.

It is fun, though, sometimes.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au