b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Calm Down! (FROM MODERATORS)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Calm Down! (FROM MODERATORS)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:59:47 -0700

Dear Shoshanna:

I did not realize that a name that is found in Torah, )RC PL$TYM (e.g.
Genesis 21:32, Exodus 13:17, etc.), or in English (and this discussion
is written in English) either "Philistia" or "Palestine", would cause
such an emotional reaction. All I intended was to show the historical
progression of what land was referred to by that name up to the time
of the British Mandate. That does not mean that I agree with that
progression, just that it happened.

As far as modern politics are concerned, that was ruled off topic by
the moderators and I deliberately did not mention anything after the
beginning of the British Mandate, even then not mentioning the
politics. If you wish for clarification of my political views, you
will have to ask for them off list.

I now regret referring to that name, as I did not realize that it
would be such a hot button item.

Karl W. Randolph.