b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dinah raped?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dinah raped?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:47:12 +0300

a. Please remember to sign your posts (that goes for all).

b. Isn't that saying the same thing? We have a different understanding of the biblical text, because our understanding of the world around us is different. If what you're saying is, "the Bible has an intrisic 'true' meaning, which previous generations simply did not understand but which we now do", that is a statement of faith.

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: <dwashbur AT nyx.net>