b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dinah raped?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Harold Holmyard" <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dinah raped?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:28:20 -0700

Dear Harold,

I would agree with you. I would further state that even Judah confessed
regarding Tamar, "...she hath been more righteous than I; because that I
gave her not to Shelah my son...." Judah did not conform to the cultural
levirate marriage in existence at the time (was proscribed later in the
Mosaic legislation), but Tamar did conform the norm at the time. True, it is
not in the same manner as what God later proscribed. I might add that many
of the "sins of the fathers" in Genesis were later proscribed in the Mosaic
legislation of Exodus 21-Deuteronomy.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III