b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dinah raped?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dinah raped?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:57:25 -0700

On 20 Jul 2007 at 20:53, JAMES CHRISTIAN READ wrote:

[snip]
> Further consider their response in verse 31 when being
> reprised by Isreal for their actions:
>
> "Ought anyone to treat our sister like a prostitute?"
>
> What are prostitutes better known for in Tanakh?
> For being forced to have sex?
> Or for having immoral extra-marital sex?
[snip]

I would suggest that treating her like a prostitute in their eyes meant
thinking he could take
sex from her when and where he wanted, treating her like a piece of meat
instead of a
human being. But that's just my thought for whatever it's worth.

Dave Washburn
But I can't say Sylvester, George!