b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] virginity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] virginity
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:39:42 -0400

Dear All,
The tokens of virginity are the blood stains on the sheet.
There is no other token, that is, no other proof, possible.

A friend of mine who studies such things told me that there are several
cases in the Medieval period, where fathers brought their daughters to a
doctor to have their hymens sewed up (!)
prior to marriage.

Liz Fried
Ann Arbor