b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] bi adoni

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] bi adoni
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:53:53 -0700

Isaac:

On 7/9/07, Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu> wrote:
Karl,

You say: "your theories are so ideologically based". Please explain
to me and the rest of this list members on what ideology you think my
theory is "based".

Isaac Fried, Boston University

Do I need to do more than to quote your last message, "What I
essentially inter alia claim is that the Hebrew tri-literal root was
not born so fully formed, but was rather built up over time of
single-literal roots."? How much time? Is a thousand years sufficient
for such a change? After all, if Genesis is an accurate history as
many of us claim, then the mixing up and reforming of the languages
took place less than a thousand years before Moses.

About the same amount of time has passed since William the Bastard son
of a Viking and a French maid invaded England and the English language
still has not recovered, the horrible spelling rules, if they can be
called that, are evidence. Do you find the same sort of evidence in
Hebrew? I don't. Does anyone else find such evidence in Hebrew?

Therefore, I come to the conclusion that you reject Genesis as
accurate history, and that for ideological reasons. And with it you
reject the development of the language that would be expected were
Genesis an accurate history. How can your statement above be
compatible with the Biblical record?

Do you need to spell out your ideology in order for us to recognize at
least certain aspects of your faith?